Sections

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Carrotfish?



So this is not so much a tutorial as a food post because there's not much to this that you can't figure out without my help. I've been meaning to try this for a while and just finally got around to it this week: using carrots and noodles to make funny food. Here I made jellyfish, but you could make other things too.

First, I softened the cut up carrots by boiling them in a quart of water for 5minutes, then removed them and allowed them to cool so I could poke my noodles through.

 you can force the noodles into uncooked carrots but they fall out when they start boiling, probably because the carrot swells around them. This way they do not fall out while cooking.

After the carrots are cool enough to handle, press equally lengthed noodles into them all the way to *almost* the top- you want them 'secure' but not visible
Then return to the boiling water and boil for about ten minutes, drain and serve with a little butter or plain:
 



No comments:

Post a Comment