Sections

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

One sweet potato


Today after we finished up our Saturday morning run to the Farmer's Market, I was unpacking our veggies when T spotted the sweet potatoes. It's almost fall here now, and we're already getting into the root veggies again.
"I want that, mama!" She said. Of course she did- these days she's eating constantly.
So I set her up at the sink washing them and then I peeled the largest& sliced it into circles. Then I quickly cut out heart shapes in the middle. I saw this done somewhere with apples around Valentines day, but I think they used cookie cutters (and mine are currently being employed in the sandbox) so I free formed these with a sharp peeling knife.

 Sprinkle with salt, bake for 20minutes as you usually would with a sweet potato fry- about 375* and hurray! You've got one sweet potato.
 I'm imagining all the other great veggies we can enjoy this way; beets maybe? Tiny banana chips? Cucumbers, regular potatoes, a slice of raw tomato with another veggie filling the hole? What strange things do you use funny shapes on for your whirlychild?

No comments:

Post a Comment